Currently sitting in the Dubai airport waiting to get on the next leg of our trip to Ethiopia. I am tired. God bless you people who travel with cranky children – you’re the real MVP’s.
I figured I’d try to get in a quick update before my internet access becomes significantly more dodgy. I’m really excited to see family and travel but also worried about Shiro. Maybe worried is excessive but I already miss her furry self and I will annihilate our house/pet sitter when I get back if she’s not in mint condition! Just kidding. Kinda.
I’m also lamenting not being around for Thanksgiving. It’s THE best holiday and I promise you even if they acknowledge it at my in-law’s, there will be no stuffing. I love stuffing!
If I don’t get an opportunity to check in – have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Dancing in Emily’s Farmville kitchen with she & Paul to Michael Jackson’s Rock With You while cooking dinner.
I’m sitting in a children’s play museum with my best friend, her nieces and my goddaughter and I figured know was as good as any to finally update this thing.
I came back earlier this week from a trip to New York with my friend Christina which was so fun. New York makes me appreciate the simple parts of my life. I can appreciate the make it here, make it anywhere spirit but thanks – I’ll visit and leave.
All the same, I had a lovely time and there are parts of New York that are really beautiful.
I think today is the perfect day for a list of things that I’m grateful for. I hope that wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, it’s in peace.
– The Ethiopian being able to pop home in the middle of the day just to give me a kiss before heading back to work
– Dinner & a movie with friends this evening
– Good news from two friends that I worry about a lot (you know who you are and yes, I worry! I’m a worrier!)
– A new (to me) car. Thanks to The Ethiopian
– Finished reading Animal Farm in bed last night with The Ethiopian (I guess he’s a theme?). We read aloud to each other and then discussed the book like two nerds.
– My brother-in-law, Serway. We called Ethiopia to speak to him yesterday and he’s always such a gift.
– Shiro. Didn’t realize there was a tiny hole in my heart that this little furball filled.
– The changing weather – I’m going to miss it being light out until 8pm but cooler days? Bring it on.
– The West Wing. I never watched when it was on air and so I’m watching on Netflix now. SO. GOOD.