Resound 11 #27 #28 #29
Everything’s Going To Be Okay
“What is one thing, a sign if you will, that has shown you that things will be just fine in 2012?”
The presence of my family and friends. The people in my life are so awe-inspiring, their presence lets me know that any and everything will be alright.
“Take today to jot down five memories that you would like to never forget about 2011. Try to write about five things you haven’t shared yet, but if you need to repeat, that’s OK!”
– Sitting atop the Blue Nile Falls with the children who live there & sharing a snack while they taught me how to count by tens
– My friend Julie’s wedding
– Spending time with my youngest niece when I returned from Ethiopia – she was so sweet & peaceful
– My nights at the Silver Diner with Francesca
– The look on the little boy’s face when I gave him $10 in Ethiopia
“What did you let go of in 2011? What was the experience like? How is your life different today? Do you ever regret it?”
I let go of the anger I feel about someone who hurt me a great deal. For much of this year I was so angry about that relationship but I made a commitment to let it go & it has served me greatly. My only regret was allowing the relationship to go on being one-sided for so long. But deep-down I think I’m an optimist and I don’t like to give up on people I love, but relationships require more than one person putting forth effort.